HOW TO START A PODCAST
This guide is the easiest way to learn how to start a podcast.
A little planning before you launch can be the difference between a show that has no listeners and one that is on track to have a rabid fanbase. Let’s get down to the details of what you need to know before you press record: how to start a podcast.
How do I to start a podcast in 2021?
This simple guide compresses everything you need to know about starting or revamping a podcast. It covers everything from what is needed to turn that idea into a podcast.
We cover all aspects of podcast creation from artwork, structure, editing, where to record, equipment and so much more!
What is needed to start a podcast?
You shouldn’t simply dive into podcasting without thinking about a few important things ahead of time. After all, even if it will be only a hobby for you at first, odds are you want your show to have the best chance of being successful.
To start a podcast, at a bare minimum, you need to:
- Come up with a concept (a topic, name, format, and target length for each episode).
- Design artwork and write a description to “brand” your podcast. Fiverr is the best place to find an affordable graphic designer.
- Record and edit your audio files (such as MP3s). A microphone is recommended. Purchase podcast friendly equipment like the Blue Yeti or Rode Podcaster microphones.
- Find a place to host your files (such as a file host that specialises in podcasts, like Sounder.fm, Anchor, Libsyn or Podbean).
- Syndicate these audio files into an RSS feed so they can be distributed through Apple Podcasts, Anchor to make sure your podcast episodes can be downloaded or streamed on any device on-demand.
Is starting a podcast worth it?
Remember that the more effort you put into your show, the more you will get out of it and planning is key.
Can you make money with a podcast?
Yes you can make money from a podcast and we advice that you plan your podcast monetisation strategy very early on. But, if you wanted to start a podcast for fun, then monetisation can always be implemented later on.
Your focus should be to record and load more episodes, promote them, schedule more interviews, record and promote as much as you can.
How do I turn my idea into a podcast?
Your podcast idea has the potential to be a raging success, and we’ll be here to help you along the way. From here, your next steps are to keep learning and working on developing and growing your podcast using our easy to follow podcast guides. Learn how to structure, edit and distribute your podcast.
But first, let us help you turn your idea into a podcast.
HOW TO TURN YOUR IDEA INTO A PODCAST
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get information on our upcoming events and podcast news straight to your mail box.